Three insurance schemes are available to TLR members. Individual choice prevails depending on the year of car and the TLR does not favour any one scheme over the others. For all three schemes the basic terms include that:
- The client must be a member of The Lotus Register
- A vehicle inspection form may be required to be completed by an authorized TLR member
- A photograph of the vehicle is required. (4 in the case of SAMCA).
For the SAMCA scheme they will advise who can complete the vehicle inspection form, but for the other two, Neil le Blanc (011 849 2296) can complete the form on behalf of the club.
Policy conditions are that the client must be a paid up member of a one-marque club and valuations must be done every 18 months.
The rating structure is on a sliding scale ie:
R0 – 50 000 R50 000 – R250 000
0 – 9 years
10 – 19 years
20 – 25 years
25 years and older
Second vehicles are rated in the same way. a 2000 vehicle is going to attract a much higher rate as we do not specifically want to insured very new and high valued vehicles. We do however have another facility for them.
There is a flat Excess rate of R750 for vehicles up to R10 000 in value and 5% min R750 for vehicles over R10 000 in value. An additional excess will be applicable for drivers under the age of 25.
MUA Insurance Company Limited
MUA Insurance’s Classic Motor Policy includes the following features:
- Agreed/ restricted mileage
- Agreed vehicle value
- Nominated driver/s
- 24 hour roadside assistance
- Vehicle inspection arranged by insurer at your home/ workplace
- Premiums payable annually (or monthly at small extra cost)
- ‘Cherished remains’ clause gives the policy-holder first option to buy salvage in the event of a total loss
- General liability to third party and SASRIA cover included
Cover is not granted for track racing but it does include other organised club events off-track and rallying.
Premiums are quoted individually and subject to underwriting criteria:
1) Residential area
4) Previous claims experience.
Usage must be social, domestic and pleasure purposes and vehicles must be housed in a lock up garage at night, failing which additional premium/excess may apply.
Dependant upon value and year model, underwriters may require factory fitted immobiliser/alarm or even satellite tracking for certain later models in excess of R200,000 (e.g. Lotus Exige, Elise).
How to apply
Contact Brian Frazer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 082 440-8266
By Design Personal Insurance Services:
A Scheme already in use by several current TLR members. The basic scheme consists of the following:
- Comprehensive cover at 3% of sum insured per annum – Rallying is included
- Third party, Fire and Theft cover at R 1 000.00 per annum
- Basic: 5% of claim, minimum R 2 500.00
- Windscreen: 20% of claim, minimum R 350.00
IMPORTANT – disclaimer
The information above is provided in good faith for members’ guidance only and each policy will be negotiated on an individual basis. The contents of each policy document will constitute the contract between the policy holder and the insurer and The Lotus Register accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided here.